Your DevOps skills are needed to Change the Bank!
Would you like to work with a team of highly skilled and devoted engineers?
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
Nordea IT is going through a DevOps transformation to increase efficiency, create greater coherence across IT and to meet the customer expectations. Our Cross Technology Capabilities unit and more agile execution model are organised around IT capabilities and a business-alignment function.
Within Technology our Engineering System unit is responsible for the solutions that change the bank. We focus on uplifting our IT capabilities: change execution, requirements management, software architecture, software development, quality assurance, automation and strategic execution
Are you the one who can help Nordea increase organisational maturity by taking responsibility of growing up the competence and motivation of our IT professionals? We are looking for strong leader, who enjoy working with people, processes and technology in highly complex environment context.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the CI/CD Enablers team. We add value by (driving and delivering the Nordea DevOps strategy and journey together with highly skilled colleagues. The DevOps Engineer will together with the unit be responsible for enabling Technology initiatives to deliver great solutions.). As DevOps Engineer to CI/CD Enablers, PL, FI, SE, DK you’ll play a valuable role in driving the DevOps journey within Nordea. You will be part of a team that is responsible for architecting, implementing and managing the infrastructure and build systems to support the development initiatives. You will take part in this by using and improving continuous integration and deployment infrastructure and automation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building Continuous Integration and Deployment systems to fully support an end to end pipeline for developers and teams.
- Build and provide infrastructure environments from development to production.
- Operate and facilitate systems and solutions, and support in incident resolutions as 3rd level support.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the platforms is designed with operability in mind
- Experiment and learn about new techniques and opportunities that can benefit Nordea, to build and prepare for the future.
You’ll join a highly motivated team of infrastructure specialists and DevOps engineers with devotion to technology, automation and problem solving. The role requires strong communication and technical skills to fulfil resourcing needs, do capability alignment both across Technology Trains to enable Technology initiatives on DevOps journey on CI/CD automation. The role requires you to come up with ideas and continuous processes improvements, and improvements for how the team works. The job requires strong collaboration skills, the ability to create and execute strategy, and problem solving. The role is based in Gdynia; Copenhagen; Helsinki; Stockholm.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Self-confident but humble
- Excellent understanding what else drives quality that just code quality when developing and delivering software
- Passioned about DevOps and Automation
- Solution driven
- Initiative and Innovative
Your experience and background:
- Strong Linux and Windows based system administration skills, with practical experience operating them in a virtual or cloud environment.
- Strong scripting skills preferred.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment experience, utilising tools like Jenkins, Ansible, in co-operation with GIT/Bitbucket.
- Familiar with container based architecture and infrastructure solutions, using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge and experience of Terraform as well as AWS is consider benefit.
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities, using tools like Splunk and AppDynamics.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Motivation and willingness to learn something new every day is the mind-set we are looking for in the potential candidates. We focus on each employee’s professional development and combine personal development plans with suitable tasks and necessary education.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 31/12/2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.