#IT #Developer #Data #Engineering
Would you like to work with Big Data? We are now looking for an (Senior) Data Engineer to develop, maintain, test and evaluate Big Data solutions within Nordea’s next generation Big Data Platform.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Capability Area Data Engineering. We add value by building distributed and highlyparallelized data processing pipelines which process a massive amount of data. We leverage Scala and Spark to enrich and transform corporate data to enable searching, data visualization andadvanced analytics. As a (Senior) Data Engineer, you will play a valuable role in creating high-performing, flexible, robust, scalable and easily maintainable global reporting solution for the Bank.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building distributed and highly parallelized Big data processing pipeline which process massiveamount of data (both structured and unstructured data) in near real-time
- Leverage Spark to enrich and transform corporate data to enable searching, data visualization,and advanced analytics
- Working closely with analysts and business stakeholders to develop analytics models
- Continuous delivery on Hadoop and other Big Data Platforms
- Automate processes where possible and are repeatable and reliable
- Work closely with QA team
You’ll join a team where your personal development is our number one priority. In regular one on ones and quarterly feedback talks, you and your manager will identify possible paths for you to grow and the right amount of guidance needed to reach you. The role is based in Gdynia, Warsaw, Oulu or Helsinki
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best– and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are collaborative and achieve your expectations through communication and teamwork
- are curious, responsive and can understand the needs of others to ensure delivery of the desired results
- work qualitatively and strive to always do things better
- have a high level of self-motivation
Your experience and background:
- Experience with working in Agile methodologies
- Unit testing experience with framework ScalaTest or similar
- Programming experience with Scala or Java and willingness to learn Scala
- Experience with distributed data processing engines, like Spark
As an advantage, familiarity with one or more of the below technologies:
- Robot Framework
- Atlassian Suite: Confluence, JIRA
- Hadoop ecosystem (sqoop, oozie, etc)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 09/01/2022 .
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: https://www.nordea.com/en/doc/privacy-policy.2021.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.