TR is looking for a for a Regional Indirect Tax Compliance Manager with experience in dealing with Indirect Tax compliance needs. This role will work closely with the Indirect Tax advisory team as well as external advisors responsible to complete the tax returns filing.
You will be responsible to coordinate the timely and properly filing of all of Thomson Reuters Indirect Tax returns with the assistance of external advisor and a new team fully dedicated to support Indirect Tax compliance needs. This position is unique as you will be leading a new team, looking for improvement opportunities and coordinate indirect tax compliance needs.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Regional Indirect Tax Compliance Manager, you will:
- Be responsible to standardize regional indirect tax compliance control and processes for EMEA and APAC regions.
- Liaise between Indirect Tax advisor and Indirect Tax Compliance team.
- Manage regional relationship with third party advisors.
- Ensure timely reporting, no missed deadlines, and proactively respond to legislative changes in reporting.
- Plan and understand indirect tax compliance laws and share updates with team members.
- Work with various teams and understand the upstream and downstream process and the impact on indirect taxes.
- Key player in assisting with indirect tax audits, ensuring information is shared with authorities in a timely manner and work with tax teams prior to submission.
- Mitigate stakeholder escalations and work through resolutions where required.
You’re a fit for the role of Regional Indirect Tax Compliance Manager if your background includes:
- Experience in accounting and indirect tax reporting, this includes interaction with tax authorities on presentation of tax returns.
- Experience dealing with third party advisors.
- Experience: 5+ years (people manager experience)
- Exposure to automation projects and redesigning processes
- Computer literate – Excel/Macro’s/Alteryx/PPT
- Experience dealing with Indirect tax compliance obligations in EMEA and if possible APAC.
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your
personal and professional growth through:
- COVID-19 Response: Currently, as part of our COVID-19 a majority of our employees are working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines, with the majority of our offices planning to embrace a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work in 2022.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.