The Legal Operations and Technology Coordinator will contribute to the General Counsel’s Office transformation agenda by improving overall legal team workflow, supporting and improving our department’s processes, and helping to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the department. The Coordinator will be a tech-enabled, digital evangelist, who will infuse technology and process to help drive our department and corporation objectives and key results. The Coordinator will be privy to highly confidential information and will have responsibilities that require direct contact with internal and external clients.
Essential Job Duties
- Help to implement, train and drive change with tech and tooling initiatives of various software systems used by the General Counsel’s Office (HighQ, Contract Express, DocuSign, and so much more).
- Assist with the development of systems, policies and processes required for maximum efficiency and consistency across the department.
- Gather and use data to derive insights about our processes, etc.
- Intake various use cases and problem statements from lawyers and legal professionals and define processes or technical solutions to solve for the same
- Assist with outside counsel/eBilling/matter management as is necessary.
- Complete ad-hoc and special projects as requested/required
Required Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Legal Technology Skills - knowledge of and demonstrable experience implementing and/or working with core legal technology tooling such as Matter Management, eBilling, Document Assembly/Automation tools, Document Management, and Knowledge Management.
- Other Technical Skills - proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- Communication Skills - ability to write and present clearly to communicate software features to a non-technical audience
- Agility Skills - ability to thrive in an agile, tech-enabled, fast-paced corporate legal department. An understanding and willingness to launch projects with a “good enough” (minimally viable product) approach, and with a spirit of continuous improvement. Must be a great team player.
Preferred Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Familiarity with the legal industry and the technology trends within it is a strong plus
- Experience with legal technology tools (such as HighQ, Contract Express, Legal Tracker or the equivalents) is preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a law firm, corporate legal department or similar
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.