Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open-access scholarly publisher. We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations.
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
To empower scientists and radically improve how science is published, evaluated and disseminated to researchers, innovators and the public, we have built our own state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence Review Assistant (AIRA).
Data is at the heart of AIRA in the from of AIRA Knowledge – a rich graph of academic knowledge such as scientific publications, citation relationships between the publications and authors, institutions and fields of research. This serves as the basis of all the AI/ML models used by our reviewer recommendation service and our quality checks.
We are therefore looking for talented Data QA Engineer’s to join our growing team in Krakow to play a critical role in evolving AIRA Knowledge. Your main responsibility will be to ensure high quality of data is delivered to all stakeholders through designing, developing, documenting and performing data quality checks across all data assets.
- Python, Spark or PySpark
- Understanding of ETL tools
- Solid Data Engineering knowledge
- Unix operating systems knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies, test design and extensive QA workflow experience
- Experience of setting up, running and maintaining test automation frameworks for data teams
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate in writing and verbally
- Managing ETL jobs, reports, dashboards, and data pipelines
- Creating testing plans and routines, managing continuous integration and regression testing processes
- Being the main point of contact for clearing data for release according to delivery specifications
- Develop test scenarios and testing strategy whilst performing end to end data quality testing
- Working with product managers, data scientists and business stakeholders to understand and support their needs
- Design, monitor and maintain QA reports, KPIs & quality trends for the internal data systems
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher. We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations.
Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
With over 50 nationalities across seven locations around the world, we are certainly a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors, and authors from across the globe.
- 26 annual leave days + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across Poland
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes