Location: Gdansk Wrzeszcz (Neptun Office)
Do you have a passion for transport operations? Are you a leader and do you always succeed in value creation and increasing performance? Can your ideas contribute to our dynamic new control tower organisation? Join the team that drives transport forward!
About the job
Arla is creating a new and exciting function in Gdansk to centrally manage intercompany transport operations in Europe. The European Transport Control Centre (ETCC) is initially set-up to manage and control all European intermediate cross border movements within our logistics function. The ETCC is responsible for aspects of transport management including, but not limited to load building, planning, optimisation, scheduling, execution, freight settlement, continual improvement and performance management. The ETCC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth function of Arla’s intermediate transport network and thereby has a direct impact on Arla’s ability to serve its customer.
Together with your colleagues in the ETCC, you will be responsible for day-to-day order management, transport planning, scheduling, coordination of loads for all modes of transportation, optimisation and freight settlement for multiple sites across the Arla network.
In this role, you will work closely with the rest of ETCC team, internal customers and carriers to ensure transport plans are achievable, cost effective and deliver a premium service. Same time working closely with KPIs and taking responsibility to deliver company targets. If you’re a positive, open minded highly organised, proactive individual with a great eye for detail, this role will suit you perfectly.
Specifically, you will:
- produce loading and delivery schedules to ensure effective on time delivery and collection of product,
- responsible for planning and execution of vehicle loads,
- assisting in organising all aspects of the transport operation utilising SAP TM,
- liaise and work with Arla’s network of carriers in the planning and execution of day-to day operations,
- provide the communication link between the ETCC’s customers and carriers,
- assist in the compilation of weekly/monthly reporting packs enabling identification of areas of focus/opportunity,
- support, identify and implement changes to improve the ETCC’s function,
- monitor carrier performance on daily basis, identify non-conformance and implement improvements to the process,
- work closely with key contacts within area of responsibility to maintain plan adherence and escalate if necessary to operational manager where appropriate,
- provide cost analysis on potential new transport activity for area of responsibility,
- create peak transport plans, ensuring capacity and cost efficiency is assured for area of responsibility,
- ensure the delivery of a daily/weekly transport plans that meets both the needs of target service levels, standards, operational efficiency and cost,
- ensures optimal utilisation of vehicles, hauliers and drivers through efficient execution of route plans and vehicle fill optimisation,
- propose and lead optimisation projects within the position scope
- identify, monitor and implement resolution to issues and claims,
- solve un-planned transport events,
- adherence to Arla Foods’ Health & Safety standards, policies and legislation,
- support master data setup and maintenance,
- Some ‘on call’ out of office hours maybe required on a rota basis.
Who are you?
- Experience working within the transport office (ideally end to end experience from order capture – invoicing and freight settlement)
- Working experience in a European transport control tower would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in the usage of transport management systems (preferably SAP TM)
- Any customs knowledge would be advantageous – particularly in relation to traffic into and out of the UK
- Very good English language skills
- Knowledge of Danish or German – nice to have, language enhancement course possible
- Good European geographical knowledge
- Positive, open minded approach
- Highly organised, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain a level-headed approach even when working under pressure
- Able to work equally well as part of a team or autonomously
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal & listening
- Positively able to demonstrate building relationships
- Motivated, positive attitude and service minded
- Assertive and confident in making decisions
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
What do we offer?
- Flexible working time (start your day of work between 7-9) and home office work possibility (1 day per week)
- Trainings with experts & professional induction in a new position
- Financial support of your education
- Medical care & life insurance
- Additional benefits like gym card, vouchers, travel points or cinema tickets, etc.
- Scandinavian working style & no dress code
- Home kit – monitor, laptop, keyboard, mouse, headsets, webcam
- Relocation allowance
- Referral program for employees
- Employee Assistance Program (legal, psychological, health, financial consulting, etc. )
- Support for your healthy lifestyle (fruit day, facility for sportsmen, sport challenges and activities, Arla active teams / sport groups)
… while in the office you can also use some of below:
- Modern office space with beautiful view and high standard furniture (i.e. adjustable desks)
- Chill-out rooms with X-box, pool table, board games, football table and swing
- Lead - Have you ever heard that you are the change? Now you now
- Sense - Are you looking for something more than material benefits in your professional life?
- Create - Regardless of which department you work in - Your creativity leads us to innovation
Your future colleagues from HR department describe these generally:
- Flexible working hours
- Professional career development
- Great atmosphere
- Respectful scandinavian culture
- No dress code zone
- Lack of stress at work
- Tens of benefits
- Space for self-reliance
1. Clock the APPLY button
2. Create an account in our HR platform
3. Submit your application
4. Wait for our call
5. Meet with us online
6. Enjoy joining the best team
Zobacz podobne oferty
Specjalista ds. transportu intermodalnego – międzynarodowy
Czego od Ciebie oczekujemy? Dobrej znajomości języka angielskiego/chińskiego Doświadczenia i wiedzy w logistyce kolejowej/drogowej/magazynowej Znajomości procedur celnych Kreatywności, skrupulatności, sumienności W czym nam...