Wooodward Poland Sp. z o. o.
ul. Skarbowa 32
Woodward is a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in US, Fort Collins, CO. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, industrial gas turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries and transportation markets rely on Woodwardtechnology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact. In our facility in Niepołomice we are designing and manufacturing best in class control systems, valves and actuators for aerospace and industrial turbines and compressors.
Join our Aero Electronics Team as a Engineering Manager.
Nr Ref.: 2102208
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to build, lead, and grow our team of Systems Engineers, Technicians, Mechanical, Packaging, and Electrical Engineers. This position requires a technical background and depth of leadership skills with a balance of People Leadership and Thought/Strategy Leadership.
The incumbent will report to an Engineering Director and is relied upon to provide a high level of technical expertise in guiding design efforts, customer interactions, and other engineering related matters. The team dynamics range from new university graduates up through highly seasoned professionals. Typical team sizes range from 8-18.
- Ensuring each member will grow and provide contributing results requires a breadth and depth of skills. Here are the primary responsibilities:
- Development of engineering best practices, processes, standards, and work instructions
- Development of member capabilities; aligning company strategy and member careers by:
- Utilization the talent management system
- Completing review process and salary planning
- Developing, maintaining and executing training matrix
- Supporting staffing of the group to meet business demands and objectives
- Honing of members skills and abilities to enhance development efficiencies
- Thought Leadership to identify roadmaps for product and technologies that leverage and grow your team
- Assigning resources as required to product development teams or other appropriate requirements as needed
- Supporting continuous systemic improvement initiatives
- Supporting root cause determination and/or corrective action for quality issues (escapes, NCRs, etc.)
- Developing budget to support profit planning activities and manages within the approved budget constraints
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of engineering experience in embedded hardware development
- 3+ years of engineering management experience in embedded hardware development
- Fluent English and Polish language skills: written and spoken
- Working knowledge of development tools and methods such as Agile, Jira, Git, Collaborator
- Knowledge of aviation control products like Fuel Controls, Hydraulics Controls, Surface Controls
- Stable employment within a growing and dynamic team
- Advancement opportunities in international team
- Competitive base pay
- A total rewards package, that includes: private health insurance, life & accidental insurance, foreign languages courses, Multisport package
- Company performance bonus program
- Work-life balance, semi-flexible working time
- Employee – friendly renumeration structrure based on creative works (available for selected positions)
- PPK: Woodward offers payment to your PPK account up to 4% of your compensation depending on seniority
- Relocation support